I always hate having to re-asess application structure during crunch time, so I figured I would build out all the necessary (but boring) features of this project so I can spend the bulk of my development time adding games and cool stuff.

With that in mind, I’ve spent the last few days building out all the player data and gameplay save functions– it loads player data from a json file (pre-populated with placeholder data– I’ve seen projects totally fail when the client refused to test the project with actual content, and it didn’t display the way they had in mind, so I’m using real content whenever possible), populates the player stats, and allows you to view time spent on each game, high score per game, etc. As I’ve said, it’s not the most sexy thing I’ve ever done– but for a project like this I definitely need to emphasize the progress and achievement aspect for the player.